Strategic Business Planning in B2B – Elite Programme
This programme builds on the Essential and Excel programmes and is designed to ensure credible deliverables are produced as an outcome at the end of the programme, along with an evidence of improvement in strategic planning competency. The ‘Strategic Business Planning in B2B – Elite programme’ includes 12 one-to-one online coaching sessions between you and an experienced B2B marketing professional to coach you through the different learning modules and the development of the final deliverables.
The programme structure requires you to commit your time and effort to learn about the different B2B marketing and strategic planning concepts and to undertake the scenario based assessments. These assessments require analytical thinking and application of knowledge gained. Furthermore there are structured activities to be competed in each module. These activities are focused on developing key elements of your strategic business plan as part of the learning module.
If you believe that you value would the extra support of 12 coaching sessions, you may find that ‘Strategic Business Planning in B2B – Elite programme’ would be suitable for you. You can have a coaching session at the end of each of the 9 learning modules to answer any questions you may have about the learning content, to clarify the concepts and to review progress of your strategic plan. The additional 3 sessions can be scheduled by you at any stage during the programme to ensure you get the most out of the programme. As part of the Elite programme your benchmarking scores are validated independently. The combination of extensive coaching, validated benchmarks and reviewed credible outcome will qualify you for a Certificate of Competency.
We would recommend that you choose the programme that supports your learning style, that level of support you may need and the quality of output the business needs from this programme.
To comprehend the strategic process and the key interconnected elements and dependencies in business
To explore strategic objective setting around financial and non-financial goals
To appreciate how to develop a credible business strategy based on analysis of the business and its markets
To analyse the business risks and determine how to manage risk to ensure strategic objectives are achieved
To establish how to translate strategy into action
Our e-learning programmes include templates and toolkits you will use during the programme as part of the structured activities. As a result our programmes have been optimised for desktop and laptop use. The content has been tested to operate on Android devices, although we do not recommend this option for undertaking the learning programme.
- A credible business growth plan
- A risk management plan with assigned responsibilities
- An action plan to execute business growth strategy
- An validated strategic planning benchmark assessment that shows your improvement in strategic planning competency
1. Business and market analysis
In this business and market analysis module you will cover the following areas:
- Sales history analysis
- SWOT analysis
- SLEPTC analysis
- Primary and secondary market research methods
Each of these are crucial activities for informing your strategic growth plans. By the end of this module, you should have completed Tabs 3, 4 and 5 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit
2. Goal setting
In this goal setting module you will cover the following areas:
- Visioning goals and objectives
- Establishing SMART goals
- Realising goals
By the end of this module, you should have populated part of Tab 6 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
3. Planning for growth
In this planning for growth module you will cover the following:
- Key strategies for growth using the Ansoff matrix
- The business growth planning gap
- Structuring your growth plans using the Business Model Canvas
By the end of this module, you should have completed Tab 6 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
4. Financial planning
In this financial planning module you will cover the following:
- Revenue streams and maximising revenue flows into the business
- Cost structures and their characteristics
- Funding your business growth
By the end of this module, you should have fully populated the “revenue streams” and “cost structures” sections on Tabs 7, 8 and 9 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
5. Customer targeting
In this customer targeting module you will cover the following:
- Customer segmentation
- Channels to reach customer segments
- Customer relationships i.e. the type of relationships you can establish with your customer segments
By the end of this module, you should have fully populated the “customer segments” and “channels” and “customer relationships” sections on Tabs 7, 8 and 9 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
6. Product/ service planning
In this product/ service planning module you will cover the following:
- The importance of a value proposition
- Building a customer profile in order to develop a value proposition
- Developing the customer focused value proposition
By the end of this module, you should have fully populated the “value proposition”section on Tabs 7, 8 and 9 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
7. Operational planning
In this operational planning module you will cover the following:
- Key business activities
- Key business resources
- Key business partnerships
By the end of this module, you should have fully populated the “Key Activities” and “Key Resources” and “Key Partnerships” sections on Tabs 7, 8 and 9 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
8. Managing risk
In this managing risk module you will cover the following:
- Risk assessment
- Risk evaluation
- Risk management
- Using the risk register tool
By the end of this module, you should have fully populated the “risk register” section on Tab 10 of your Strategic Planning Toolkit.
9. Moving from planning into action
In this moving from planning into action module you will cover the following:
- Embracing strategic agility
- Staying on track with your growth strategy
- Establishing stakeholder buy-in
- Communicating the strategy
- Establishing a management forum
This e-learning programme can be completed at a pace to suit you. The programme is accessible for a period of up to 12 months from the purchase date.
All of our e-learning programmes have adopted Ofqual’s Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), to estimate the learning duration associated with this learning programme.
The Guided Learning Hours (GLH) comprises the total time allocated to supported learning during a learning programme. This includes studying learning content, completing assessments and contact time with a coach/tutor/assessor.
Guided Learning Hours: 14.5 hours.
The Total Qualification Time (TQT) comprises the time it should take to complete a learning programme, including studying learning content, completing assessments, contact time with a coach/tutor/assessor and undertaking activities.
Total Qualification Time: 60.5 hours.
This timing reflects the methodology of our applied learning programmes, where learners will have structured activities to complete in order to produce a valuable business deliverable from each learning programme.
- 12 coaching sessions over the course of your learning programme to support you in developing a credible strategic business plan
- Full course content and examples
- Online support through a dedicated online forum with guaranteed 48 hour response
- Identification of additional reading and learning material
- Certificate of Competency – At the end of the programme after you have completed all the modules and assessments, the 12 coaching sessions, the benchmarking assessments and produced all the deliverables, you will be eligible for a Certificate of Competency. The certificate will verify that you have gained knowledge and developed competency in strategic business planning by applying your knowledge gained to develop credible deliverables for the business.
- £1750 + VAT (where applicable)
In line with the EU VAT Directive for Digital Sales, Value Added Tax is chargeable to all individuals who are not registered for VAT at the local VAT rate for their country of origin in the EU at checkout. Businesses that are registered for VAT in the EU can supply a valid VAT registration number and will be exempt from VAT and will be required to account for VAT under the reverse change mechanism.
This course is currently available for purchase online in the countries listed below. If your country is not listed, please contact us directly via our contact page to make alternative arrangements for ordering and payment.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia and Slovak Republic.
The Course Content Author
The content of this Strategic Business Planning programme has been authored by Ray Clarke, a highly experienced business strategy and marketing professional in B2B. Ray has 25 years of experience in the B2B industry, working in senior management roles in both client and agency side. As a business & marketing strategy consultant, he has advised on and developed strategic business plans for organisations of all sizes, in multiple industry sectors, across the UK and Europe. This wealth of experience is demonstrated in the quality of the programme content and in the practical, outcome focused nature of the programme. The course content has been peer-reviewed by senior strategy consultants who also have both client side and agency side experience working with startups, SMEs and large multinational enterprises.